Monday, July 11, 2011

Vivre Sans Alcohol

On a spring day in March of 2011 I was sitting at my desk when a thought simply popped into my head - it is time - time to give up alcohol - for a year. Now for most people when a thought arrives in the inbox of their mind, they are inclined to ignore it. For me, this year is all about paying attention to the messages and go with my intuition or gut feelings.

When I announced my plans on Twitter I had several DM's (direct messages) from people asking if I had a drinking problem, some people thought I was so brave and others implied I had lost my marbles ;) and for others, I have inspired them to do the same.

So here are my reasons for giving up alcohol for one year:
  1. I received a message to do so
  2. It is UBER important to have a completely sober mind now that I am working with Children who are the epitome of sobriety
  3. It has propelled my Life Coaching in new directions where I am now getting messages for them (which is why there is often crying during one of my sessions - we have tapped into the core of who they are)
And then something incredible happened! I picked up a book on Mother's Day this year by Deepak Chopra and bought it (must admit it was because of the book jacket design) titled "The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire - Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence". I read a passage that expressed exactly my purpose, my intention for leaving alcohol behind.

"Mature spirituality requires sobriety of awareness. If you are sober, you are responsive to feedback but at the same time immune to criticism and flattery. You learn to let go and you do not worry about the result. You have confidence in the outcome, and you start to see the synchronicity that is always organized around you. Intention provides opportunities that you have to be alert to. Good luck is opportunity and preparedness coming together. Intention will provide you with opportunities, but you need to act when the opportunity is provided."

I do hope you enjoyed this post!
xxxooo
Laurel

No comments: